STAFF BLOG: Shumon


Hi everyone. Shumon here, hope you’re well. Spring is here and I thought I would introduce myself and talk about my role at SOLA.


I have been involved on and off since 2004, but for the past 4 years I have been concentrating on developing SOLA.

My role at SOLA is aimed at enhancing and promoting the services we offer by accessing and applying for funding on behalf of the charity, as well as directly for participants needs.
I also find relevant education, training and CPD opportunities for people who access our programmes or volunteer at SOLA.

Part of my role as Social Worker here involves enabling people to become settled in the community through accessing activities, volunteering opportunities, benefit enquiries and accessing housing options.

I’ve had lots of highlights during my time here. I always enjoyed going to WOMAD festival with SOLA and our volunteers; for 5 years we ran children’s workshops and spread the word about cultural and community integration through making and creativity.

I also enjoy helping Karen and Adele with FESTIVAL31 and the many amazing activities that the communities organise to promote discourse around the refugee experience.

The high points for me has been meeting many inspiring participants in our programmes who teach me the value of patience and resilience.

At the moment SOLA is focusing on delivering our free Men’s Art Therapy in The Community programme. This project is for men with enduring or significant mental health issues residing in Liverpool to access Art Therapy in a community setting.

If you know of any men who would benefit with Art Therapy sessions, please get in touch about a referral.

Here’s just some of the music that’s keeping me entertained:
  • Mark Hollis/Talk Talk
  • Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
  • George Clinton/P-Funk
  • Salsoul Records
  • The Art Of Noise
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dmitry From Paris
  • Hospital Records
  • Centreforce 883 Internet Radio – the station where its music is always 1989-1991
If you want to know more about what we do, or maybe you want to have a chat about an idea of how we can work together, get in contact with me: shumon@solaarts.org (Tel: 0151 726 8440).



Comments

  1. Make sure you use an email list as a part of your play bazaar strategy. By using this ongoing email database, you can easily boost your satta king reputation within your network. A strong email list can help your business grow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment