Welcome Alix!

Since May I’ve been volunteering at SOLA Arts to learn more and gain insight into art therapy along with studying for my Fine Art degree. I volunteer two days each week and mainly work with Nicola and Adele.


My work with Nicola involves helping SOLA gain a wider audience and communicate via social media and thinking about ways to fundraise for the charity, some of which will be revealed soon! I’ve learnt so many new skills already and I’ve been using familiar programmes such as Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator. Researching has allowed me to really learn and gain insight into SOLA, what it is all about and how it is run.

I’ve really enjoyed working alongside Adele and taking part in the GAIA soap making project, particularly the English classes working with children to make and think creatively which has been really rewarding.

I’ve also taken part in events outside of the office such as helping to run SOLA’s stall at Africa Oyé in Sefton Park. It was lots of fun and allowed me to meet a lot of new people and get new experiences.

I have been working with many different people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. I’ve found this really interesting and learnt so much more than I thought I would as well as getting the chance to work with people I otherwise may never have gotten to meet. The environment is very relaxed and inclusive and although these experiences have all been very new to me, I have loved every minute of my time here so far!

Comments