Staff blog: Nesrin


Hi I'm Nesrin and I'm SOLA's Community Engagement Worker. I have been volunteering at SOLA for almost 4 years. Adele has always support me always and being here has benefited me in all different ways.

Since I first came to SOLA I have become more confident and I'm able to do things I didn't think I could, like coordinating a women's group. I have also helped in many other areas such as interpreting, being part of FESTIVAL31, running family play schemes and connecting with lots of different people.

It’s always been an adventure for me to meet and work with people from different backgrounds and it’s very interesting to mix with them and learn about new cultures. I have been working alongside Adele, Nicola, Shumon, Tony, Alix, Karen, and many of SOLA's volunteers. 

I really enjoy getting to know the children and families in our play schemes. Recently we have been running a Creative Play Skills course for Parents in Belvidere and it's great to see the parents learning new skills and bonding with their children through play.  


Comments